A BIGGERS CHRONICLE, Consisting of a reprint of the extremely rare History That Will Never Be Repeated by Lan Franks (pseud) and a biography of its author Don H. Biggers by Seymour V. Connor.
by Biggers, Don H.; Seymour V. Connor
Standard Delivery: 2 to 4 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A rather nice job of printing an interesting memoir of the West Texas cattle boom of 1882, with information on ranching in the 1880's, hunting buffalo, John S. Chisum's ranch, list of other ranchers in 1900, description of a bull fight on the Big Sandy in Stephens County, etc. In the second part of the book Seymour Connor gives a biographical account of Don H. Biggers who was born in Meridian in 1868 and whose family moved to Stephens County with 500 head of cattle on a ranch near Breckenridge in 1871; he grew-up in a hotel, went to school in Cisco and became a newspaperman and journalist.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Maggie Lambeth (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A BIGGERS CHRONICLE, Consisting of a reprint of the extremely rare History That Will Never Be Repeated by Lan Franks (pseud) and a biography of its author Don H. Biggers by Seymour V. Connor.
- Biggers, Don H.; Seymour V. Connor
- Book condition
- Used - FINE
- Quantity available
- Limited Edition of 500 copies
- Southwest Collection
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
During the present time we are only shipping via USPS PRIORITY. This allows us to print shipping on-line from home. We still support 15 day return guarantee, if our books are not as described, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 15 days after delivery, notify us and return promptly with original packing. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
About the Seller
About Maggie Lambeth
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]