Biographia Literaria, or Biographical Sketches of My Literary Life and Opinions (Everyman's Library #11)
by COLERIDGE, Samuel Taylor
- Very Good- with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Very Good- with no dust jacket. 1960. Hardcover. A 1960 reprint of the 1956 issuance. In this, his autobiography, Samuel Taylor Coleridge ". . .succeeds for the first and (so far) the last time in English criticism in marrying the twin studies of philosophy and literature" (Ross, p.103). Mr. Coleridge (1772-1834) was a prominent English poet, literary critic and philosopher. Edited, with an introduction by George Watson. Everyman's Library #11, an entry in EL's Essays series. --- In Everyman's Library larger format binding style 4. Full blue cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling and gilt interlocked "EL" in script at tail of spine; pale orange topstain. Volume lacks the dust jacket. --- With prior owner's signature to front free endpaper and infrequent underlinings and markings in ink, otherwise a clean, tightly-bound copy.; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; xxvi, 303 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Biographia Literaria, or Biographical Sketches of My Literary Life and Opinions (Everyman's Library #11)
- COLERIDGE, Samuel Taylor
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good- with no dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The heel of the spine.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]