Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
San Jose CA, Firesign Press, 1973, hardcover, 59 pp, First Edition (not stated, no previous printings noted), Signed by the Author without further inscription on the front endpaper, Near Fine in Very Good dustjacket. Straight, tight and clean, stamp of Jocato Inc. Berkeley CA. publisher of the author's third book of poetry on copyright page and dustjacket rear panel, slight soiling to head and heel of spine. Dustjacket has rubs, age-toning to edges, wear to spine, chips at head and heel, light edge nicks, in new Brodart sleeve. This first book of poetry from the American poet, novelist and playwright explores the black experience in America with authentic portraits of specific family situations, Afro-American rituals, and rewarding communion with elements of nature.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
West of Eden Books
Shipping rates are based on packages weighing up to 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds). Heavier items and sets of books will incur higher shipping charges. All books are packed carefully using bubblewrap and extra protection when warranted.
About the Seller
About West of Eden Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.