Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Rand McNally, 1958. Hardcover. Very Good/Good. Very Good ; Good Jacket. 1958 Rand McNally. SIGNED by author on half-title page, with a small horseshoe drawing. Not personalized. Third printing ("C") of 1957 edition. NOT ex-library. Oversize hardcover, 9.6 x 7.25 inches, has black textured paper-covered boards with gold spine and cover lettering and decorations. Color-illustrated endpapers show horses racing. Black and white illustrations. Illustrated by Wesley Dennis. 176 pages. Binding tight. Hinges NOT cracked. Corners and spine ends lightly bumped. Small dark smudge on back cover. Top page edges lightly foxed. Pages clean and unmarked. Dust jacket has wrap-around color illustration of a colt and a mare in a meadow. Jacket has light surface and edge wear, with rubbing at the corners and spine ends. The dust jacket has been reinforced on the inside with paper tape around the edges and the inside of the spine panel. In places along the bottom edges where the color of the illustration had worn away, someone has touched up the green and black coloring; some of the added color has bled though to the paper tape on the inside of the jacket. There is also a small black ink spot on the tail of the jacket spine; spine is slighly sunned. Dust jacket is NOT price clipped, showing original price of $2.95. Carefully packed, shipped in a box.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- SmarterRat Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Black Gold
- Henry, Marguerite
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Rand McNally
- Date published
- Children's Literature,Horses,Signed
- Bookseller catalogs
- Signed; Children's Literature; Horses;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. For discretionary returns the price of the book will be refunded but not the shipping costs.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Ask Seller a Question
About SmarterRat Books
We are a small bookseller selling online since 2001. SmarterRat Books prides itself on accurate and complete descriptions of each book. We provide prompt and courteous customer service and quick shipping. We are book people.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]