The Blessing Way
by Hillerman, Tony
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This is the ultimate copy of Author's First Book, it is an Inscribed Presentation/Association Copy of the highest order, inscribed by Hillerman to Navajo artist Ernest Franklin who went on to create a cottage industry wherein he illustrated many of Hillerman's titles in an after-market situation where individuals brought him copies of Hillerman's books for Franklin to illustrate, the vast majority of such books include just one illustration by Franklin, this one has 30 (!) illustrations by Franklin in addition to Hillerman's doubly signed inscription ("with my thanks to/Ernie Franklin/for showing me/what Leaphorn/looks like/TH"), the inscription is on the title page, Hillerman has additionally signed his full name under his printed signature on the title page, Joe Leaphorn is the Navajo tribal policeman created by Hillerman with this book (and who appears in many of his subsequent books) who solves the mysteries that Hillerman created, there is one small black ink drawing, 18 quarter-page black ink drawings, one full-page black illustration, and 10 full-page color illustrations, the book has been re-bound in full black leather with four raised bands on the spine, with gilt rules and decorations on front and back covers, spine with gilt rules, decorations, a title/author panel in gilt, and date of publication panel also in gilt, now housed in a custom clamshell case. Fine.
Joe Leaphorn must stalk a supernatural killer known as the "Wolf-Witch" along a chilling trail of mysticism and murder. When Lt. Joe Leaphorn of The Navaho Tribal Police discovers a corpse with a mouth full of sand at a crime scene seemingly without tracks or clues, he is ready to suspect a supernatural killer. Blood on the rocks . . . A body on the high mesa . . . Leaphorn must stalk the Wolf-Witch along a chilling trail between mysticism and murder. -
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
James M. Dourgarian, Bookman
Any item returnable for any reason within 7 days, if prior notice is given and the same item is returned in the same condition as sent. Payment in U.S. dollars only. In general, postage is $4 for the first item and $1 each thereafter. International orders should inquire.
About the Seller
About James M. Dourgarian, Bookman
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]