The Blue Book of Good English
by WOODS, George B.; STRATTON, Clarence
- Very Good- with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Garden City, New York: Doubleday, Doran & Company for Nelson Doubleday, Inc.. Very Good- with no dust jacket. 1932. Hardcover. In this attractive little work, the authors provide common-sense tips for good English usage and grammar. Topics range from good spelling to proper sentence formation and more. --- In navy cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped cover and spine titling. Cover and leaf corners rounded; all edges stained in pale yellow and printed on buff-colored leaves. Volume lacks a dust jacket. --- A previous owner has used her rubber stamp in perhaps as many as 5 locations and with pencilings here and there including an added sentiment to front free endpaper; else a clean, firm, nice copy.; Small Octavo (7-1/2 to 8 in. tall) ; 282 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Blue Book of Good English
- WOODS, George B.; STRATTON, Clarence
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good- with no dust jacket
- Doubleday, Doran & Company for Nelson Doubleday, Inc.
- Place of Publication
- Garden City, New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]