Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Bluest Eye is a 1970 novel by American author Toni Morrison. It is Morrison's first novel, written while Morrison was teaching at Howard University and was raising her two sons on her own. The story is about a year in the life of a young black girl in Lorain, Ohio named Pecola Breedlove. It takes place against the backdrop of America's Midwest as well as in the years following the Great Depression. Brutal in its depictions of racism, incest, and child molestation, The Bluest Eye has remained on the often-challenged and banned books list almost every year since its publication.
Read more: Identifying first editions of The Bluest Eye
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- citynightsbooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Bluest Eye
- Morrison, Toni
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- Westminster, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
- Books may be returned within 15 days in the same condition in which they were purchased. Please contact us first via e-mail.
- We do not accept discretionary returns or third-party sales.
- We regard the US Postal Service scans as proof of delivery.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.