The Bluest Eye: A Novel
by Toni Morrison
- Very Good+/Near Fine
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Carrollton, Texas, United States
More Shipping Options
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Blue and beige boards with blue writing on spine; top corner and back boards has bump. Top and bottom of book spine rumpled; 3 small stains on first interior page. Shelf wear on bottom of dust jacket spine; author's picture on back dust jacket. Book has overall tight binding and rest of pages still look in excellent condition.
Book Club Edition, Third Printing as indicated by no price printed on front dust jacket flap, 1993 Afterword at end of book, and "3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" number line on copyright page.
Morrison's novel has been described as "stunning" and a "profoundly successful work of fiction." Hardcover and original unclipped dust jacket protected by archival Mylar cover.
The Bluest Eye is a 1970 novel by American author Toni Morrison. It is Morrison's first novel, written while Morrison was teaching at Howard University and was raising her two sons on her own. The story is about a year in the life of a young black girl in Lorain, Ohio named Pecola Breedlove. It takes place against the backdrop of America's Midwest as well as in the years following the Great Depression. Brutal in its depictions of racism, incest, and child molestation, The Bluest Eye has remained on the often-challenged and banned books list almost every year since its publication.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- The Bluest Eye: A Novel
- Toni Morrison
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket Condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- Book Club
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Holt, Rinehart And Winston
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- toni morrison; the bluest eye
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
About the Seller
About Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
I focus on modern first edition, first printings, but have been lately finding first editions, later printings of older novels in my inventory. I'm also highlighting a lot of signed books that I've found.
I will also gladly search for and offer well-priced books of all kinds. If there's something you'd love to have, either send me a message here or go to https://cases.sherlockjoes.com and Open a Case!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- Number Line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...