THE BOOK OF HISTORY. [OF THE WORLD FROM ANCIENT TIMES.] Leather Set. Complete in 15 volumes, with an index
by [HISTORY.] [Numerous Specialists.]
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Grolier Society, [No date, circa 1900.]. The Book Of History A History Of All Nations, From The Earliest Times to the Present. With over 8000 illustrations. Bound in morocco leather bindings. Gilded spines. The top edges are gilded. Printed on thick paper. These are heavy books. Heavily illustrated. Columned text. These are large books at 9.75 inches tall. Near 21 inches of shelf space. In good condition. There is general usage wear and shelf rubs. The hinges are all strongly attached, but there is some abrasion that has rubbed through. Some internal dirt and thumbing. These are a little loose. These are heavy books. No writing. These display beautifully. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE BOOK OF HISTORY. [OF THE WORLD FROM ANCIENT TIMES.] Leather Set. Complete in 15 volumes, with an index
- [HISTORY.] [Numerous Specialists.]
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- The Grolier Society
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- [No date, circa 1900.]
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]