[BOOKPLATE] [Presentation copy]..The Peace Manual: or, War and its Remedies. 1847.
by Beckwith, George C
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: American Peace Society, 1847. 252 pp., publisher's brown cloth, ribbed with decorative blind stamping, gilt spine lettering. Joints cracked, spine ends frayed, points rubbed. American Peace Society press representation bookplate; owner's notations on fly, dated 1854 (D. H. Focht, Shrewsbury, Pa., "Presented by my host, Mr. Isaac Beck of Shrewsbury, Pa.). Text clean, minor foxing; hinges good.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The John Bale Books LLC (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- [BOOKPLATE] [Presentation copy]..The Peace Manual: or, War and its Remedies. 1847.
- Beckwith, George C
- Book condition
- American Peace Society
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
The John Bale Books LLC
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2018
Ask Seller a Question
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]