Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This early novel from bestselling author James Lee Burke is a gritty coming-of-age story about a young Kentucky miner growing up in the Appalachian mountains whoâÈçs torn between his family life and the lure of the city. James Lee Burke, a writer who âÈêcan touch you in ways few writers canâÈë ( The Washington Post ) brings his brilliant feel for time and place to this stunning story of Appalachia in the early 1960s. Here, Perry Woodson Hatfield James, a young man torn between family honor and the lure of seedy watering holes, must somehow survive the tempestuous journey from boyhood to manhood and escape the dark and atavistic heritage of the Cumberland Mountains.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Gian Luigi Fine Books Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- TO THE BRIGHT AND SHINING SUN
- BURKE, JAMES LEE
- Book condition
- Used - VG
- Jacket condition
- FIRST EDITION
- CHARLES SCRIBNER'S & SONS
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- MODERN FIRSTS
Terms of Sale
Gian Luigi Fine Books Inc.
We accept returns for almost any reason within three weeks of purchase.
About the Seller
About Gian Luigi Fine Books Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Very Good Condition book with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used book that does show some...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]