California Its History and Romance
by John S. McGroarty
- very good
- Very Good/No Jacket
Gleneden Beach, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Los Angeles, California: Grafton Publishing Compant, 1911. Limited Edition. Hardcover. Very Good/No Jacket. DeLuxe Patron Leather Binding with Signed Presentation Page! Excellent volume covering the breadth of California history, 1911, Detailed work of California History in 10 chapters and 8 appendicies, 11 excellent illustrations with fancy titled tissue guards, frontispiece full color and additional plates sepia toned, 393 pages plus several pages with facsimile signatures of Patrons of the Book. Presentation page on third free page with gold embossed bear, Charles E. Moore in ink and signed by author John S. McGroarty. Book is perhaps near Fine, very clean publisher's green pebbled calf, the spine is sunned to tan along with a bit of the top edge of the front and rear board, light wear to corners, patron name in gilt on front board, top edge gilt, inner board edge in elaborate gilt dentelles, marbled end pages and great untrimmed for edge. Text and illustrations are Fine. Most presentable Patron presentation copy. (we discounted the. 4to - over 9¾ - 12" tall.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Pacific Coast Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- California Its History and Romance
- John S. McGroarty
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity Available
- Limited Edition
- Grafton Publishing Compant
- Place of Publication
- Los Angeles, California
- Date Published
- California History, Presentation Copy
Terms of Sale
Pacific Coast Books
10 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2015
Gleneden Beach, Oregon
Ask Seller a Question
About Pacific Coast Books
Pacific Coast Books specializes in quality of books of interest from our store on the Central Oregon Coast. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and have been buying and selling books for almost 20 years. Visit our website at www.Pacifc CoastBooks.net. Please feel free to call or email with any titles you would like to add to your collection. Only a small fraction of our inventory is online. We buy book collections.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Pebbled cloth or leather describes the covering of a hardcover book with a decorative texture of repeated small raised bumps,...
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the...