Call for the Dead
by Le Carre John
- Very Good+/Fair
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
USA: Walker and Company, 1962 A nice solid book. FFEP has a half inch green dot, presumably a vndores mark.The title page has a black out piece at the base of the page, ( possibly the publishers address ), this has bled through to the copyright page, no other marks or inscriptions..Tan coloured boards with blue linen quarterbind.. No shelfwear .The jacket is two tone beige and blue and has chipping to the top edges and rubbing along the spine edge and outer folds. The DJ is not price clipped.
Call for the Dead is John le Carré's first novel. It introduces George Smiley, the most famous of le Carré's recurring characters.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Westside Stories (CA)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Call for the Dead
- Le Carre John
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First American Edition
- Walker and Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Le Carre Fiction
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Extra shipping required on heavier books.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2015
Ask Seller a Question
About Westside Stories
Used, hard to find, and out of print books. Large fiction and non-fiction sections, Over 25000 books in store.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that... [More]