Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Neale Publishing, 1903. First Edition. Hardcover. Very good. 320p octavo. Staring at the top and base of spine which is darkened otherwise a very good copy in red cloth. Inscribed/signed to Silas Orrin Howes May 30, 1903. Howes was his friend and his editor on "The Shadow on the Dial". Bierce wrote to Howes on Sept 27, 1913 ".....thence down to the Mexican border (perhaps at Laredo) seeking a chance to cross and be shot or hanged". Bookplate of Howes.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Old New York Book Shop (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Can Such Things Be
- Bierce, Ambrose
- Book condition
- Used - Very good
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Neale Publishing
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Old New York Book Shop
All books are returnable within ten days if returned in the same condition as sent. All books are authenticated and described in adherence to the strict code of ethics and professionalism employed by the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America. Payment should accompany order if you are a new customer. Current customers will be invoiced with payment due in 30 days. Institutions billed per their requirements. ALL ITEMS SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE. Books sent via US Postal Service unless other arrangements are requested. INTERNATIONAL PURCHSES WILL BE SHIPPED AT THE EXACT COST. NOTE: USPS NO LONGER SHIPS SURFACE MAIL TO OVERSEAS. Where possible, we will ship GLOBAL PRIORITY, minimum charge of $23.95, maximum weight 4 pounds. For packages over 4 pounds, you will be contacted with exact charges. Georgia residents please add 7% sales tax. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, and AMERICAN EXPRESS.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Old New York Book Shop
The Old New York Book Shop was founded in 1971. I was located at 1069 Juniper St in Atlanta for more than 25 years. After the advent of the internet I moved to my home. I am a member of the ABAA (Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America). All books are returnable for any reason within ten days if returned in the same condition as sent. Books are described in adherence to the strict code of ethics and professionalism employed by the ABAA.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]