Cancioneiro de Leão XIII ou os versos latinos e italianos de Sua Santidade, postos em rima portugueza e precedidos da sua biographia pelo P.e Joaquim José d'Abreu Campo Sancto.
by LEO XIII, Pope
- See description
New York, New York, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Porto, Manuel Malheiro, 1887.. First Edition in Portuguese. Folio (27.2 x 18 cm.), contemporary crimson morocco with design of gilt and blind on covers, spine gilt with raised bands in five compartments (two very slight defects), inner dentelles gilt, decorated endleaves, all edges gilt, paper ticket of "P. Ferreira // Encadernador // R.N. da Trindade // 126–128 / Lisboa" pasted onto upper outer corner of verso of front free endleaf. Title-page in red and black within lithograph border, lithograph initial, text within two lithograph borders throughout, portrait. Overall in fine condition. portrait, [102 ll.]. *** First Edition in Portuguese. The biography of Pope Leo XIII, ocupying the initial 45 unnumbered leaves, appears to be original to this edition. *** Not in Gonçalves Rodrigues, A traducção em Portugal. On the binder Paulino Ferreira (born 1861), see Matias Lima, Encadernadores portugueses. pp. 104–5. NUC: MH, NN.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Richard C. Ramer Old & Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Cancioneiro de Leão XIII ou os versos latinos e italianos de Sua Santidade, postos em rima portugueza e precedidos da sua biographia pelo P.e Joaquim José d'Abreu Campo Sancto.
- LEO XIII, Pope
- Book Condition
- First Edition in Portuguese
- Porto, Manuel Malheiro, 1887.
- religion, Catholic Church, bindings, poetry, poems, verse
Terms of Sale
Richard C. Ramer Old & Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2012
New York, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Richard C. Ramer Old & Rare Books
We have been in business since 1969. We work from private premises, both in New York and in Lisbon, Portugal, and admit visitors by appointment. Online lists are issued regularly.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,...