Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The foundations of capitalism are being battered by a flood of altruism, which is the cause of the modern world's collapse. This is the view of Ayn Rand, a view so radically opposed to prevailing attitudes that it constitutes a major philosophic revolution. In this series of essays, she presents her stand on the persecution of big business, the causes of war, the default of conservatism, and the evils of altruism. Here is a challenging new look at modern society by one of the most provocative intellectuals on the American scene.This edition includes two articles by Ayn Rand which did not appear in the hardcover edition: The Wreckage of the Consensus," which presents the Objectivists views on Vietnam and the draft; and Requiem for Man," an answer to the Papal encyclical Progresso Populorum.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Pat Cramer, Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal
- Rand, Ayn
- Book condition
- Used - N-Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good +
- First Edition/First Printing
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Pat Cramer, Bookseller
I accept cash, checks, money orders and bank cards. International orders paid by check must be made out to a United States bank branch. International orders paid by money order must be a postal money order made out in United States dollars. You can return any book that you purchase from me if you are not satisfied with it.
About the Seller
About Pat Cramer, Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]