by King, Stephen
- near fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First published in 1974, Carrie was Stephen King's first published novel. This dark tale introduces the reader to Carrie White, a social outcast in her highschool, menaced by bullies while at school, and her religious nut of a mother at home. Carrie gradually discovers that she has telekinetic powers, and woe to her tormentors...
Read More: Identifying first editions of Carrie
This book is a short one and a good one. Super quick read with all my favorite King-isms. It's amazing that it's his first. I'd recommend it to anyone for a heartbreaking snow day read -- once you've finished the Shining and Misery, of course.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Third Season Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- King, Stephen
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- 1st Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Doubleday & Company
- Place of Publication
- Garden City, New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Third Season Books
For standard, media mail rate domestic shipping, customers only pay shipping charges for the first book in an order; shipping is free for second and subsequent books unless some are especially heavy or oversized.
About the Seller
About Third Season Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an... [More]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [More]
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
This Book’s Categories
- Fiction & Literature Individual Authors Stephen King
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Thrillers
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Horror & Supernatural Fiction