Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Lacking the dust jacket, matches Younger/Hirsch bibliography pgs. 26-28 except that the boards are glazed, not flat, with Grandma's ink gift inscription to verso of ffep, luckily it is also Inscribed by Dr. Seuss to the same recipient ("for Scott Edmunds Goss/with best wishes/...Dr. Seuss"). Rubbed, extremity wear, missing all the paper along the spine.
The Cat in the Hat is a children's book by Dr. Seuss, featuring a tall, anthropomorphic, mischievous cat, wearing a tall, red and white striped hat, and a bowtie. He also carries an umbrella. With the series of Beginner Books that The Cat inaugurated, Seuss promoted both his name and the cause of elementary literacy in the United States.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
James M. Dourgarian, Bookman
Any item returnable for any reason within 7 days, if prior notice is given and the same item is returned in the same condition as sent. Payment in U.S. dollars only. In general, postage is $4 for the first item and $1 each thereafter. International orders should inquire.
About the Seller
About James M. Dourgarian, Bookman
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]