Catalogue of First Editions of Stephen C. Foster (1826 -1864)
by WHITTLESEY, Walter R.; SONNECK, O.G
- Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Washington, D. C.: Library of Congress, Government Printing Office. Good with no dust jacket. 1915. Hardcover. A catalog of first editions of compositions by Pittsburgh song writer Stephen C. Foster. Known as "the father of American music", Foster wrote such standards as "My Old Kentucky Home", "Oh, Susanna", "Camptown Races", "Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair" and many others. Song titles, brief descriptions, and publisher information included for each listed song. --- In corrugated maroon cloth-covered boards. --- An ex-library copy, with plenty of rubberstampings (including those indicating de-accession) and call number sticker to cover. Also with prior owner's bookplate affixed to front paste-down, and newsclip article about Mr. Foster taped to inside front of volume. With partial split near front of volume, chafing to cover edges and with tears to a few leaves, else a stable, intact copy.; Ex-Library; Tall Octavo - 9 to 10 in. tall; 79 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- Catalogue of First Editions of Stephen C. Foster (1826 -1864)
- WHITTLESEY, Walter R.; SONNECK, O.G
- Book condition
- Used - Good with no dust jacket
- Library of Congress, Government Printing Office
- Place of Publication
- Washington, D. C.
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]