Cathay and the Way Thither: Being A Collection of Medieval Notices of China (Four Volumes in Two: Vol. I-II & Vol. III-IV)
by Yule, Henry & Henri Cordier
- very good
- Very Good
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Taipei, Taiwan: Ch'eng-Wen Publishing Company, 1966. Reprint Edition. Hardcover. Very Good. 1313pp; Two volumes: green cloth boards with gilt titling to spine, boards protected by clear plastic sleeves, spine slightly faded, text unmarked, binding is tight, folding maps present in rear pockets, VG condition. (NOTE: THIS EDITION DOES NOT REPRODUCE ALL MAPS & ILLUSTRATIONS FROM ORIGINAL EDITION.) Reprint of work originally issued by the Hakluyt Society in 1915. Consists of four volumes in two, Vol. I-II & Vol. III-IV. Volume I: Preliminary Essay on the Intercourse Between China and the Western Nations Previous to the Discovery of the Cape Route. Volume II: Odoric of Pordenone. Volume III: Missionary Friars--Rashidduddin--Pegolotti--Marignolli. Volume IV: Ibn Bataua--Benedict Goes--Index. Illustrated. Includes two folding maps in rear pockets.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Book Happy Booksellers (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Cathay and the Way Thither: Being A Collection of Medieval Notices of China (Four Volumes in Two: Vol. I-II & Vol. III-IV)
- Yule, Henry & Henri Cordier
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Reprint Edition
- Ch'eng-Wen Publishing Company
- Place of Publication
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Date published
- history medieval china chinese asia missionaries exploration travel
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Book Happy Booksellers
Items may be returned within two weeks of receipt if not as described.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2003
Ask Seller a Question
About Book Happy Booksellers
Online book sales specializing in collectible, out-of-print, hard-to-find & unusual items.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]