Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Sidgwick & Jackson, 1911. FIRST EDITION. Original brown cloth, front cover with gilt design (lightly faded), top edges gilt, backstrip with minor wear; illustrated endpapers after Roger Fry. From the library of C.E.L. Tottenham with his armorial bookplate.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Rootenberg Rare Books & Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The celestial omnibus and other stories
- FORSTER, E.M
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- FIRST EDITION
- Sidgwick & Jackson
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- literature, 20th century, english imprints
Terms of Sale
Rootenberg Rare Books & Manuscripts
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2009
Sherman Oaks, California
Ask Seller a Question
About Rootenberg Rare Books & Manuscripts
Founded in 1970, Rootenberg Rare Books has served a large international clientele of collectors as well as private and public institutions in the acquisition of rare books and manuscripts, and in collection development. We are among the leading specialists in the fields of science, medicine, technology and natural history. We also maintain high quality rare books and manuscripts in diverse subjects including travel and exploration, literary classics, economics and philosophy, Americana, and modern first editions, many inscribed. Our expertise and familiarity with these subjects allows us to acquire and house major collections in these fields. We are dedicated to our customer's specific needs, and look forward to developing long term relationships by keeping you informed about significant materials in your areas of interest. Rootenberg Rare Books consists of three generations: grandmother, father and daughter, and is located minutes from West Los Angeles, near UCLA and the Getty, as well as a second location in Durham, North Carolina. We always welcome visitors, though appointments are suggested. We occasionally issue finely printed and illustrated catalogues as well as specialized subject lists, and are constantly adding existing and new material to our website. We exhibit at several national and international book fairs during the year, represent clients at auction and offer appraisal and other professional services. We are always interested in purchasing single items or entire collections, and would be pleased to consider any materials you wish to sell. Special requests and specific wants will be given particular attention. We are always available, via phone, fax or email, to answer questions, search for a specific title, or provide information on our inventory.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]