The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine May 1883 through October 1883 Vol XXVI - New Series vol. IV
by JAMES, Henry; BEWICK, Thomas et al
- Poor with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Century Co.. Poor with no dust jacket. 1883. Hardcover. Six months of the magazine bound together by the publisher, The Century Company, in tan quarter leather and marbled paper-covered boards. Includes the months of May, 1883 through October, 1883. With 6-page table of contents inserted before first month. Volume has detached front cover, loose spine backing and missing back cover but with firm textblock. Interior has some yellowed interior pages with minor soiling on some pages and textblock edges. --- Each issue of The Century Magazine includes non-fiction articles and stories, often by well-known authors, as well as dozens of illustrations, photos, poems, and letters. Includes biographies of Anthony Trollope, Alphonse Daudet and George du Maurier by Henry James. Also included is an article describing the artists who have studied or admired the work of Thomas Bewick, the noted British bird and wildlife artist. These, and many other articles, make this a fascinating glimpse at reading matter for educated people in the late 19th century. --- The Century Magazine was the successor publication to Scribner's Monthly and was edited by Dr. Josiah Gilbert Holland and Richard Watson Gilder.; tall 8vo 9" - 10" tall; viii, 960 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine May 1883 through October 1883 Vol XXVI - New Series vol. IV
- JAMES, Henry; BEWICK, Thomas et al
- Book condition
- Used - Poor with no dust jacket
- The Century Co.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>American History & Politics; >>American Society, Life in the US;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any... [More]