Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Probably first edition. Good book in like dust jacket. Dust jacket has minor closed tears and associated folds, including bottom left corner of front; some minor chipping with loss at flap folds and top of dust jacket; front flap is corner clipped but there is a publisher's price sticker on the front cover ($1.25). Red tweed boards, with black printing on front and spine; spine is bumped and slightly canted. Plain gray end papers, with prior owner's name on front free end paper. Frontispiece on plain paper. Cherry Ames titles list to this one inside book and on dust jacket. Grosset and Dunlap hard cover with dust jacket, 1961, Grosset & Dunlap #9722, 181 pages. 12mo (5.5" x 7.5") Cherry Ames books listed to this title; Vicky Barr books listed to #13: The Silver Ring Mystery, published in 1960. The Cherry Ames books were originally issued with dust jackets (volumes 1-22). The change to picture cover (PC) binding occurred circa 1962 with #23, when Grosset & Dunlap switched all the series books they published to that format. This means the present book is either the first printing or a very early printing of the first edition. Cherry Ames, Rural Nurse (#22 in the Cherry Ames series) was reprinted as The Case of the Dangerous Remedy. As a public health nurse in Iowa, Cherry works with federal authorities to quash the manufacture and distribution of a bogus remedy and discovers the secret of a decrepit, abandoned farmhouse.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Bujoldfan (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Cherry Ames, Rural Nurse
- Helen Wells
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Grosset & Dunlap
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Classic Childrens books; First editions; Mysteries;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
All books ship in boxes, and are packed with care. I will happily supply images of any item in advance of purchase, please ask.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]