The Chester Play of the Deluge.
by JONES, David. CLOVER HILL EDITIONS
- See description
LONDON, Greater London
Standard Delivery: 14 to 21 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The first printing of the blocks was in the Golden Cockerel Press edition of 1927. In this edition Robert Gibbings who did the printing was very disappointed by the results, blaming the inherent problems caused by Jones’s engraving of the blocks. Will Carter at the Rampant Lions Press does a far far better job and in this 1977 publication, the wood engravings are perfectly printed and David Jones’s engravings were finally seen in their full glory.| The best printing of Jones’s remarkable engravings
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- SOPHIE SCHNEIDEMAN RARE BOOKS (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Chester Play of the Deluge.
- JONES, David. CLOVER HILL EDITIONS
- Book condition
- Clover Hill Editions published by Douglas Cleverdon
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Wood engraving;David Jones;Clover Hill Editions;Will Carter;Rampant Lions Press Book,Illustrated
Terms of Sale
SOPHIE SCHNEIDEMAN RARE BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About SOPHIE SCHNEIDEMAN RARE BOOKS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- marbled paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or...[more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...[more]
- A technique of printing where the inked image or text is ...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...[more]