A Child's Garden of Verses
by Stevenson, Robert Louis
- very good; p.o.'s name on front endpaper; text & illust. rated "fine." Clean, tight, & attractive./fair; moderate chipping to dj edges; light soil; small tears along spine edges; dj-intact; dj protected by new Mylar wrap.
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Stunning vintage illustrations. Easy Library series.
Rediscover the delight and innocence of childhood in these classic poems from celebrated Scottish author, Robert Louis Stevenson.From make-believe to climbing trees, bedtime stories to morning play and favorite cousins to beloved mothers.Here is a very special collection to be treasured for ever. First published in 1885, the first printing of A Child's Garden of Verses ran 1000 copies by Longhaus, Green and Co in London. This book was not illustrated until the 1896 edition, published 2 years after Stevenson's death. The collection contains about 65 poems, and many of the poems, including “The Land of Counterpane,” take a positive perspective on Stevenson's own childhood which was plagued by sickness. He dedicated the work to his nurse Alison Cunningham. Stevenson was a Scottish novelist, poet, essayist, musician and travel writer. (13 November 1850 – 3 December 1894) Although he died at just forty four years old and suffered from ill health the majority of his life he managed to travel and write extensively in that short period. His most famous works are Treasure Island , Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde , Kidnapped, and A Child's Garden of Verses . Although Stevenson fell out of the canon for a number of years, today he is one of the most translated authors and is highly celebrated for his stories.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Rosebud Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Child's Garden of Verses
- Stevenson, Robert Louis
- Sue Seely
- Book condition
- Used - very good; p.o.'s name on front endpaper; text & illust. rated "fine." Clean, tight, & attractive.
- Jacket condition
- fair; moderate chipping to dj edges; light soil; small tears along spine edges; dj-intact; dj protected by new Mylar wrap.
- Quantity available
- Later printing
- Albert Whitman
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- children's poetry;
Terms of Sale
Books must be returned within 7 days of receipt in the "same as shipped" condition for a refund. Shipping charges will not be refunded. Money Orders, business checks, or credit cards processed through Biblio accepted as payment.
About the Seller
About Rosebud Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.