Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1882 1ed CHINA Folklore Douglas Alchemy Buddhism Confucius Illustrated COLOR MAP
"Years of careful training will makea tree whose shoots should spring heavenwards bendthe points of its branches towards the earth."
– Robert K Douglas, Chinese Stories
A rare first edition printing, of Robert Douglas's 'China'. This book is a history and overview of china, which describes the social customs of ancient China, the traditions of Buddhism, Chinese music and ballads, forbidden love and arranged marriage, Confucius philosophy, sorcery and alchemy, and more!
This fine printing is filled with charming illustrations in the style of 17th - 19th-century woodblock figures with a color fold out map.
Item number: #9318
DOUGLAS, Robert K.
London, Society for promoting Christian knowledge; New York, E. & J.B. Young & Co., 1882. First Edition.
· Collation: Complete with all pages
o , 400, map, 
·  plates
· 1 fold out map
· Language: English
· Binding: Hard Cover; tight and secure
· Size: ~8in X 5.5in (20.5cm x 14cm)
· Quite rare
Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide.
Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation!
Photos available upon request.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- DOUGLAS, Robert K
- Hard Cover; tight and secure
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- Society for promoting Christian knowledge
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1882 1ed CHINA Folklore Douglas Alchemy Buddhism Confucius Illustrated COLOR MAPrare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquarian
Terms of Sale
Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
About the Seller
About Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.