A CHRISTMAS CAROL
by DICKENS, CHARLES
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The full title of Charles Dickens' most famous work is technically A Christmas Carol in Prose, Being a Ghost-Story of Christmas. This novella was published on December 19, 1843, and the first edition run of 6000 copies were sold out by Christmas Eve of that year. The publication of the first edition was fraught with complications, and even though the book was received to positive reviews, profits of the book fell far below Dickens' expectations, and the financial strain caused rifts between Dickens and the original publisher, Chapman & Hall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
It was interesting to read this story and see what was from Dickens' original text and was part of the many movie adaptations about Scrooge evil ways coming back to haunt him.
- Phillip J. Pirages Fine Books and Medieval Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL
- DICKENS, CHARLES
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- William Edwin Rudge
- Place of Publication
- [Mt. Vernon, N. Y.]
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Phillip J. Pirages Fine Books and Medieval Manuscripts
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
- Does the default shipping charge seem high? If so, please contact us by email at email@example.com for a shipping charge tailored to your order and location. You may also call us at (800) 962-6666 in the US or (503) 472-0476 outside the US, Monday through Friday between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm US Pacific time or leave us a message.
- For all orders outside the US and Canada, please contact us for shipping charges before completing your order.
- If you complete your order before you receive a shipping quote, we will need to contact you to get additional funding to cover the cost of shipping before we can ship your items.
- Except in the cases of items priced at $100 or less (for which we charge a small handling fee), we wish only to pass along actual carrier charges to our customers. The constraints of this website force us to assume that each purchase is both heavier and further away than average, so we would be pleased to adjust the charges to reflect actual weights and locations.
About the Seller
About Phillip J. Pirages Fine Books and Medieval Manuscripts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
This Book’s Categories
- Children & Juvenile Childrenâ€™s Fiction & Literature
- Children & Juvenile Picture Books
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Individual Authors Charles Dickens
- Fiction & Literature Literary Studies Literary Criticism
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy
- Children & Juvenile Juvenile & Young Adult Juvenile Fiction & Literature Juvenile Classics
- Children & Juvenile Juvenile & Young Adult Juvenile Fiction & Literature Juvenile Christmas Fiction