CIVIL WAR BATTLEFIELDS AND LANDMARKS: GUIDE TO THE NATIONAL PARK SITES, WITH OFFICIAL NATIONAL PARK SERVICE MAPS FOR EACH...
by VANDIVER, FRANK E
- VG/VG LIGHT WEAR. PREV. OWNER BOOKPLATE INSIDE. Pages: 160.
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Frank E. Vandiver is a scholar of military history whose distinguished work has earned him fellowships and honors at both American and European universities. Dr. Vandiver is Chairman of the Board of the Mosher Institute for International Policy studies and President Emeritus of Texas A&M University. He is also that university's first Distinguished University Professor, a Rockefeller Fellow, a Guggenheim Fellow, a former Harmsworth Professor of American History at the University of Oxford, England and visiting professor at the United States Military Academy, West Point. Among his published works of military history are twenty books, including: Their Tattered Flags: The Epic of the Confederacy (Harper's Magazine Press, 1970-Jefferson Davis Award of the Confederate Memorial Literary Society; Fletcher Pratt Award), Mighty Stonewall (McGraw, 1957 -- Carr P. Collins Prize Texas Institute of Letters, 1958), and Black Jack: The Life and Times of John J. Pershing (Texas A&M University Press, 1977 -- Finalist, National Book Awards, 1978). In addition to his academic and writing commitments, he currently serves as Chairman of the Board of the American University in Cairo.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Vintage-Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- CIVIL WAR BATTLEFIELDS AND LANDMARKS: GUIDE TO THE NATIONAL PARK SITES, WITH OFFICIAL NATIONAL PARK SERVICE MAPS FOR EACH...
- VANDIVER, FRANK E
- PROFUSELY ILLUSTRATED
- Book condition
- Used - VG/VG LIGHT WEAR. PREV. OWNER BOOKPLATE INSIDE. Pages: 160.
- Quantity available
- RANDOM HOUSE
- Place of Publication
- NEW YORK
- Date published
- TEXT BLOCK CLEAN & TIGHT. DJ IN MYLAR WRAP. BATTLE MAPS, PHOTOGRAPHS &, ILLUSTRATIONS., MILITARY HISTORY, AMERICAN CIVIL WAR, NATIONAL PARKS, TRAVEL, U. S., HISTORIC SITES, 0679448985
Terms of Sale
Please indicate your preferred shipping method! Orders within the continental USA are shipped via media mail, unless otherwise arranged by you. We can also ship via USPS Priority Mail (uninsured).
Because of the USA situation with COVID and issues with USPS, we are currently shipping to USA addresses only.
If no shipping method is requested, we will ship via media mail (US Only). Washington state residents MUST add sales tax as per your local rate. All shipments are packed as carefully as possible. Larger books will cost more to ship Returns: You must notify us and return the book to us within 10 business days to receive a refund, with the item the same condition as when shipped. Shipping costs will not be refunded.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- Very Good Condition book with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used book that does show some...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]