The Cloister and the Hearth (Everyman's Library #29)
by READE, Charles
- Fair with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Fair with no dust jacket. 1960. Hardcover. A 1960 reprint of the 1906 issuance. An ex-library copy of Charles Reade's highly-regarded 1861 novel, set in the 15th century and following the travels of author's Gerard Eliassoen character as he travels around Europe. With an appreciation by Algernon Charles Swinburne. Everyman's Library #29, an entry in EL's "Fiction" series. --- In EL larger format binding style 4. Full black cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling and gilt interlocked "EL" in script at tail of spine. Volume lacks the dust jacket. --- A Fair-only copy, with considerable evidence of former ownership by a lending library: rubberstampings, sticker, tape and sticker removal traces, and general wear, but remaining intact and tightly-bound. Does not include de-accession statement or stamp.; Ex-Library; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; xi, 692 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- The Cloister and the Hearth (Everyman's Library #29)
- READE, Charles
- Book condition
- Used - Fair with no dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]