The Cloister and the Hearth (Everyman's Library #29)
by READE, Charles
- Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket. 1960. Hardcover. A 1960 reprint of the 1906 issuance. An Everyman's Library edition of Charles Reade's highly-regarded 1861 novel, set in the 15th century and following the travels of author's Gerard Eliassoen character as he travels around Europe. With an appreciation by Algernon Charles Swinburne. Everyman's Library #29, an entry in EL's "Fiction" series. --- In Everyman's Library larger format binding style 4. Full black cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling and gilt interlocked "EL" in script at tail of spine; pale orange topstain. Volume wrapped in yellow dust jacket with "Everyman's Library" surrounded by scrollwork to front panel. --- With prior owner's signature to front free endpaper and faint dusty soiling to back cover cloth, otherwise a clean, tightly-bound copy. Jacket with a few small tears to edges and slightly darkened spine, else bright, intact and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; Ex-Library; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; xi, 692 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- The Cloister and the Hearth (Everyman's Library #29)
- READE, Charles
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]