The Cloister and the Hearth: A Tale of the Middle Ages
by READE, Charles
- Very Good+
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Heritage Press. Very Good+. 1932. Hardcover. A Heritage Press reprint edition of Charles Reade's highly-regarded 1861 novel, set in the 15th century and following the travels of author's Gerard Eliassoen character as he travels around Europe. With illustrations in photogravure by Lynd Ward and an introduction by Hendrik Willem Van Loon. Sandglass leaflet laid in (NY, no. III: 17). --- In full olive cloth-covered boards with decorations in red and lighter olive to covers and spine, gilt-stamped titling on spine & orange topstain. In dark red paper-covered slipcase. --- A clean, unmarked, tightly-bound copy, but with a little age-toning to leaves. Structurally sound slipcase with small tears and scuffs, else in good shape.; Tall Octavo - 9 to 10 in. tall; xv, 745 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Cloister and the Hearth: A Tale of the Middle Ages
- READE, Charles
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- The Heritage Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]