Collecting American First Editions: Its Pitfalls and Its Pleasures. With Fifty-one Illustrations
by Curle, Richard
- near fine
- Near Fine/No Dj
Madison, New Jersey
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill Company, 1930. xviii, 221p. A near fine copy, with the very faint darkening of the spine label, no d.j., in a very good slipcase which shows some wear at the corners and has the number 1203 crossed out and replaced by 923.. Signed By the Author. First Edition. No. 923 of 1250 Copies. Hardcover. Near Fine/No Dj. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- The Chatham Bookseller, LLC (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Collecting American First Editions: Its Pitfalls and Its Pleasures. With Fifty-one Illustrations
- Curle, Richard
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- No Dj
- First Edition. No. 923 of 1250 Copies
- Bobbs-Merrill Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- BOOK COLLECTING. AMERICAN LITERATURE--FIRST EDITIONS--BIBLIOGRAPHY.
- Bookseller catalogs
- Book Collecting;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
All sales are net. Prepayment is required. Postage in USA: items will be sent Media Mail Rate ($4) unless Priority Mail is requested ($6-$8). Postage for unusually heavy or valuable books may be more. Please contact us for international rates. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt. Credit cards accepted: VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Madison, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
About The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
The Chatham Bookseller (member ABAA, ABNJ) began in 1968, and, in 1970, opened a store at its present location in Madison, NJ. The store contains over 10,000 books in over 80 different subjects, and favors good used books and good literature (both hardcover and paperback) over popular books and bestsellers. Our Internet business began in 2001. Our Internet stock is kept on the premises but cannot be viewed as a whole. However, we can show and sell individual titles upon request. Those wishing to examine Internet books should call ahead. Store hours are 9-5:00 (Tues.-Sat.) and 12-5 (Sun.). The business is run by Jesse D. Mann.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- spine label
- The paper or leather descriptive tag attached to the spine of the book, most commonly providing the title and author of the... [More]