A Collection of Several Pieces of Mr. John Locke, Never before printed, or not extant in his Works. Publish'd by the Author of the Life of the ever-memorable Mr. John Hales, &c
by Locke, John
- See description
Los Angeles, California
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Michael R. Thompson, Booksellers, ABAA/ILAB (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A Collection of Several Pieces of Mr. John Locke, Never before printed, or not extant in his Works. Publish'd by the Author of the Life of the ever-memorable Mr. John Hales, &c
- Locke, John
- Nineteenth-century half calf, gilt spine with black morocco label. Foot of spine with gilt stamp of the Lincoln's Inn Library.
- Book condition
- First edition, first issue, with engraved vignette of a seated m
- Printed by J. Bettenham for R. Francklin..
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- , xxiv, , 362, [18, index], [1, errata], [3. ads] pp.
Terms of Sale
Michael R. Thompson, Booksellers, ABAA/ILAB
CWO Visa, MC , American Express, Discover SHipping: $12.00 1st ordinary-sized book within the U.S., at cost for others. Our normal method of shipping within the U.S. is U.P.S. International orders shipped at cost; please inquire about costs of air and surface shipment. All books guaranteed as described. Items returnable within ten days if the customer is dissatisfied; please phone or e-mail first. Customers are encouraged to e-mail us with any questions before ordering.
About the Seller
About Michael R. Thompson, Booksellers, ABAA/ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,... [More]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ... [More]