The Complete Essays and Other Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson (Modern Library #91.3)
by EMERSON, Ralph Waldo
- Very Good- in Very Good- dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library / Random House. Very Good- in Very Good- dust jacket. [c.1955]. Hardcover. A Modern Library edition presenting a comprehensive collection of the writings of the acclaimed 19th Century American essayist and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882). Includes all of his essays, and representative portions of his poems, addresses, biographical sketches and miscellaneous works. Edited, and with a biographical introduction by Brooks Atkinson, and with a foreword by Tremaine McDowell. --- In Toledano spine 11 / blue cloth / ML hex torchbearer device blindstamped to front cover / gilt-stamped spine titling / tan Kent endpapers / jacket style l, verso blank. Likely published c.1966 (though 1950 date appears in book). ML #91.3. --- With plentiful soiling to all textblock edges (but not to interior of volume), inked gift inscription to verso of front free endpaper, otherwise a tightly-bound, sound copy. Dust jacket with religious sticker covering flap price area, and with dampstains and small chips & tears to edges, else intact and in removable archival mylar protector.; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; xxvii, 930 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Complete Essays and Other Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson (Modern Library #91.3)
- EMERSON, Ralph Waldo
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good- in Very Good- dust jacket
- The Modern Library / Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Poetry; >>American Society, Life in the US;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- Especially for older books, a printer's device refers to an identifying mark, also sometimes called a printer's mark, on the... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]