Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Garden City: Doubleday, Doran, 1930. first thus. hardcover. Good. First printing of this edition. Dust jacket missing. Complete two volume set. Black cloth covered boards with red print on spines and front boards; faded on the spine of volume two. Weak front hinges, otherwise the books are in very good condition. Pages are clean and unmarked. Doubleday, Doran, and Company hard covers, missing their dust jackets; first edition 1930 (stated). Garden City: NY. 8vo (5.5"" x 8.25"") The A. Conan Doyle Memorial Edition, with a preface by Christopher Morley. Nine volumes in two omnibus, with the contents printed using the original plates from the original hard cover editions; ""For that reason you will find the pages herein are not numbered consecutively from beginning to end"" according to a publisher's note. Volume 1 has novels A Study in Scarlet, and The Sign of Four; and collections The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (12 stories), and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (11 stories). Vol. 2 has novels The Hound of the Baskervilles, and The Valley of Fear; and collections The Return of Sherlock Holmes (13 stories), His Last Bow (8 stories), and The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes (12 stories).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Bujoldfan (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes 2 Volume set
- A. Conan Doyle
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- first thus
- Doubleday, Doran
- Place of Publication
- Garden City
- Date published
- Sherlock Holmes
- Bookseller catalogs
- First editions; Mysteries;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
All books ship in boxes, and are packed with care. I will happily supply images of any item in advance of purchase, please ask.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]