The Complete Works of Rabelais: The Five Books of Gargantua and Pantagruel (Modern Library Giant #G65.1)
by RABELAIS, François
- Very Good in Good+ dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library / Random House. Very Good in Good+ dust jacket. [c.1952]. Hardcover. The 16th Century work presented in the form of five interconnected novels; all in one volume. Translated from the French by Jacques Le Clercq. Gargantua and his son Pantagruel are giants whose adventures are described in sometimes bawdy, always fun-loving manner. Offered in a Modern Library Giant edition, with introduction by the translator. Jacket with colorful E. McKnight Kauffer illustration on front. --- In Toledano spine G5 / rust cloth / gilt titling on black cover & spine blocks / black topstain / blank GA style endpapers / jacket style Gd, verso advertises 360 titles in ML catalog. Likely published c.1952 (no publication date appears in book). ML #G65.1. --- With prior owner's signature to front free endpaper, back cover crease & bump, and binder's error to p.51/52, resulting in a lot of creasing, otherwise a clean, tightly-bound, unmarked copy. Dust jacket with chipping, small tears and creasing to edges; otherwise bright and protected in removable mylar wrapper. ; Octavo - 8 to 9 in. tall; xxxii, 841 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Complete Works of Rabelais: The Five Books of Gargantua and Pantagruel (Modern Library Giant #G65.1)
- RABELAIS, François
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Good+ dust jacket
- The Modern Library / Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]