The Complete Writings (10 Vols.)
by Macaulay, Thomas Babington
- near fine
- Near Fine/No Jacket
Rosemont, Pennsylvania, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Houghton Mifflin and Company, 1901. Contemporary blue morocco binding over blue marbled paper with matching endpapers. Spine gilt lettering and twining leaf decorations within 5 raised bands. Some sunning of spines and edgewear. TEG, other edges untrimmed. Blue silk markers all present. Prior owner armorial bookplate on front pastedown in each volume.. Cambridge Edition. Half-Leather. Near Fine/No Jacket. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Trade.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The Title Page ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Complete Writings (10 Vols.)
- Macaulay, Thomas Babington
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Cambridge Edition
- Houghton Mifflin and Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9&f
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
The Title Page ABAA
Accept returns with satisfactory reason and state of book as mailed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About The Title Page ABAA
Approximately 60,000 books displayed in our storefront with another 50,000 in an available storage facility. It is a general, out of print, and antiquarian book store. A gem in the heart of Rosemont, we believe in personal service to the customer. We also search for books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Marbled Paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...