Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1935. First Edition. Hardcover. Very Good+/Good. Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. A very nice copy, text clean, no writing or marks, binding tight. Burgundy gilt stamped cloth spine, dark rose paper over boards, xiii + 302 pp., Index, Bibliography, 11 b & w plates including frontis. Esthetics discussed and illustrated. bottom of spine bumped, spine ends sunned at edges, faint stain on back cover. In a dust jacket that is chipped at corners, spine ends, and edges; soiled lightly, back sunned. In a Brodart. Quantity Available: 1. Shipped Weight: 1 lb 7 oz. Category: Art & Design; Books; Pictures of this item not already displayed here available upon request. Inventory No: 005977. .
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Dennis Holzman Antiques (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Concerning Beauty
- Mather, Jr., Frank Jewett
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Princeton University Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- BZDB7 NOISBN Esthetics, Frank Jewett Mather, Jr., Art, Beauty, Esthetic Transaction, Esthetic Sympathy, Art & Design; Books; Concerning Beauty Mather Jr Frank Jewett
- Bookseller catalogs
- Art & Design;
Terms of Sale
Dennis Holzman Antiques
Terms: We accept personal checks, money orders, MC/Visa.Shipping & handling: 4.50 for the first book, $2.50 each additional book after the first, including each volume of multi-volume sets. Larger, heavier books may require extra postage. We will e-mail you if this is the case. Orders outside of the U.S., please inquire for shipping costs. NY State residents: You must add 8% sales tax to the combined book price + shipping, or send a current tax ID#. We cannot ship until we receive the sales tax.Returns: You may return a book for a refund within 14 days after receipt of your book if the book is not as described.Canadian buyers:If you are paying with a money order or personal check, the money order or check must be drawn on a U.S. bank, in U.S. dollars. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot afford to absorb the charge levied by our bank for deposits not meeting these criteria.Finally, if you have any questions, please e-mail! Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2003
Cohoes, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Dennis Holzman Antiques
Dennis Holzman Antiques, est. 1975, sells select antiques, hard-to-find & antiquarian books, manuscripts, and autographs both on-line and our Cohoes, N.Y. shop. We take pride in our accurate & complete book descriptions, our fast shipping, and our attention to customer service. All of our on-line books are in stock and ready to ship within 48 hours of receiving your order/payment. We answer all inquiries and welcome your questions. Visit our website: www.holzmanantiques.com
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]