Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Philomel, January 2000. Hardcover. Fine book in a Fine jacket. Black remainder mark to bottom edge, otherwise book As New. Light rubbing to jacket. Not from a library. Not clipped. 183 pages. When shy fourteen-year-old Jodie accompanies her anthropologist mother to live in Sierra Leone, she befriends a local girl but encounters a cultural divide that cannot be crossed.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Books of the World (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- No Condition Is Permanent
- Cristina Kessler
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition, Third Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- January 2000
- fiction, teen, teenage, young adult, adolescence, female circumcision, FGM, friendship, girls, women, secret societies, Sande, Sierra Leone
- Bookseller catalogs
- Africa; Children; Sierra Leone; Fiction; Religion & Spirituality;
Terms of Sale
Books of the World
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Books of the World
Selling books from around the world. I am not a professional bookseller. Rather, I am finding new homes for the library I have collected over five decades.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- remainder mark
- Usually an ink marking of some sort which indicates that the book was designated a remainder. In most cases, it can be found on...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]