[Confederate Imprint] BIENNIAL REPORT OF THE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS TO THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF VIRGINIA, 1859-60 & 1860-61. [DOC. No.XVII]
- near Very Good binding
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
[Richmond], 1862. Hard Cover. near Very Good binding. Octavo. xxvi, 254, , 317 pp. Backed in linen with marbled paper over boards and printed paper title label on the spine. Spine cloth shows wear, particularly at the tail of the spine, but the binding remains sounds. Boards are rubbed at the extremities and corners. Previous owner name on the front free endpaper; scattered and light foxing, otherwise, clean. Uncommon documents on both the turnpikes and railroads in Virginia during the Civil War. Not in Parrish & Willingham. Crandall 2279.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Michael Pyron, Bookseller, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- [Confederate Imprint] BIENNIAL REPORT OF THE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS TO THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF VIRGINIA, 1859-60 & 1860-61. [DOC. No.XVII]
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - near Very Good binding
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Americana|Civil War & Military
- Bookseller catalogs
- Americana; Civil War & Military;
Terms of Sale
Michael Pyron, Bookseller, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2011
Ask Seller a Question
About Michael Pyron, Bookseller, ABAA
Booksellers for more than 15 years, offering a general stock with an emphasis in Special Press, Art and Photography, Literature and Americana. We prided in our high level of customer service—if you aren't satisfied with either the book or the service you've received let us know about it so we can make you happy. Additionally, we offer a wide range of bookbinding and book repair services. Check us out atfacebook.com/michaelpyronbookbinder.Given the nuances in book repair and binding, I can offer a close estimate based on images of your book, but will need to have book in hand in order give you a firm estimate. And as always, we buy books!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- marbled paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]