The Confidential Clerk
by Eliot, T. S. (1888-1965)
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good
DeLand, Florida, United States
Standard delivery: 4 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Black cloth boards lettered in gold down the spine. The bindings are tight and square. Text clean, light even toning. Moderate shelf handling wear. The White Dust Jacket printed in brown and black is with price and is in a new clear protective Mylar sleeve has shelf handling and mild age-fading, small rubs on the corners and spine tips. 8vo; 8.5 inches tall. 160 pages. First American Edition.
Ref: Gallup, A-64
. 'The dialogue of The Confidential Clerk has a precision and a lightly felt rhythm unmatched in the writing of any contemporary dramatist.' [Times Literary Supplement] The Confidential Clerk was first produced at the Edinburgh Festival in the summer of 1953.
Thomas Stearns Eliot was a poet, essayist, publisher, playwright, literary critic and editor. Considered one of the 20th century's major poets, he is a central figure in English-language Modernist poetry. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1948.
A modern verse play that touches on the sources of longing and the need to be loved. "Never has Eliot's apparently effortless prosody been more precise.... He has achieved complete mastery of words" (Kirkus Reviews). "It is a wise, witty, elegant play whose characters speak finely and shrewdly" (Chicago Sunday Tribune).
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Blind Horse Books [ABAA - FABA] (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Confidential Clerk
- Eliot, T. S. (1888-1965)
- Very Good in a Very Good Dust Jacket
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First Edition, First Printing
- Harcourt, Brace and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Comic Verse
Terms of Sale
Blind Horse Books [ABAA - FABA]
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
About Blind Horse Books [ABAA - FABA]
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...