There is Confusion
by Fauset, Jessie Redmon
- Very Good+
Los Angeles, California
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
There Is Confusion, written by Jessie Redmon Fauset, is considered the first work of fiction to portray the educated black middle class as legitimate and productive. Using the traditional conventions of the 'novel of manners,' Fauset's work advanced themes of racial uplift, patriotism, optimism for the future, and Black solidarity. The story of three black children chasing their dreams and love while struggling for success and equality. Jessie Redmon Fauset, one of the first female African-American graduates of Cornell, was a very influential critic and the most prolific novelist of the Harlem Renaissance. She was the literary editor of The Crisis , a far-reaching and influential magazine put out by the NAACP.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- ReadInk (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- There is Confusion
- Fauset, Jessie Redmon
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- First British Edition
- Chapman and Hall Ltd
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- African American, First Novel, Racial Identity, Harlem Renaissance
Terms of Sale
We accept all major credit cards, PayPal, and checks.� All books are RETURNABLE for a full refund for any reason whatsoever within 30 days from the date of your purchase. PLEASE NOTE that California sales tax (currently 9.5% in Los Angeles County) will be collected for all in-state orders; the request for this additional charge will come via a follow-up email from Biblio, as soon as possible after your order has been received by us, and will require your prompt attention and approval.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]