Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Paris: L. Curmer, 1843. Dark green morocco spine and tips, 4 raised bands gilt. Green marbled boards, all edges sprinkled red. Some shelfwear and bumping on edges, especially bottom of lower cover, though this is a very sturdy binding. Spine expertly repaired with original spine laid down. Top corner of lower cover is new and beautifully matched to other tips. An engraved title page dated 1842 appears followed by the usual 1843 title page. Owner bookplates, one over the other, on front pastedown. Endpapers and pastedowns have some staining which extends into margins of book not affecting text or plates. First page of Sleeping Beauty repaired at top with Japanese paper. Heavily illustrated with Blanchard engravings after Paquet, Marvy, Jeanron, Jacque and Beauce. All of Perrault's most famous fairy tales included beautifully illustrated both in full page and in text. Probably the finest Perrault work extant.. First Edition. Half-Leather. Very Good/No Jacket. Illus. by M. Blanchard. 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall. Trade.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Title Page ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Contes Du Temps Passe
- Perrault, Charles
- M. Blanchard
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- First Edition
- L. Curmer
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
The Title Page ABAA
Accept returns with satisfactory reason and state of book as mailed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About The Title Page ABAA
Approximately 60,000 books displayed in our storefront with another 50,000 in an available storage facility. It is a general, out of print, and antiquarian book store. A gem in the heart of Rosemont, we believe in personal service to the customer. We also search for books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Marbled boards
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]