Continental Drama: Calderon - Corneille - Racine - Molière - Lessing - Schiller (#26 in The Five-Foot Shelf of Books series, "The Harvard Classics")
by ELIOT, Charles W. (editor)
- Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: P. F. Collier & Son. Good with no dust jacket. 1910. Hardcover. A selection of six plays by European authors and rendered into English by various translators. The 26th entry in The Five-Foot Shelf of Books series, "The Harvard Classics", edited by Charles W. Eliot, who has supplied introductions and notes. With sepia frontis illustration of Molière in audience with Louis XIV. --- In dark red cloth-covered boards with the Harvard crest in gilt on the cover; gilt-stamped spine titling & decorations and grey-green topstain. Lacks a dust jacket. --- With a bruise and torn cloth to back cover edge, sunning to spine and chafing to cloth at head of spine; otherwise an intact, firm, unmarked copy.; Small Octavo (7-1/2 to 8 in. tall); 474 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Continental Drama: Calderon - Corneille - Racine - Molière - Lessing - Schiller (#26 in The Five-Foot Shelf of Books series, "The Harvard Classics")
- ELIOT, Charles W. (editor)
- Book condition
- Used - Good with no dust jacket
- P. F. Collier & Son
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]