Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Blue boards with yellow-green writing on spine; book is in Fine condition. Chipping, creasing, and a very small tear on top edge of front dust jacket; chipping and creasing on edges of dust jacket where dust jacket flaps fold. Lower corner of back dust jacket flap where it folds missing a small piece; both lower and upper edges of back dust jacket have similar chipping and creasing. Chipping and creasing at top of dust jacket spine, but very minimal at bottom of dust jacket spine. Front dust jacket flap price-clipped; author's picture on back dust jacket flap. Tight binding and pages, though slightly yellow with age, still look in excellent condition
Charles Scribner's Sons First Edition; First Printing as indicated by no other editions or printings listed on copyright page.
Pearce's first novel about his experiences on a prison chain gang in Florida, the novel was made into a movie starring Paul Newman and George Kennedy that was nominated for an Academy Award in 1967. Hardcover and original price-clipped dust jacket protected by archival Mylar cover.
Cool Hand Luke is a 1967 American drama film starring Paul Newman and directed by Stuart Rosenberg. The screenplay was adapted by Donn Pearce and Frank Pierson from the novel by Pearce. The film features George Kennedy, Strother Martin, J.D. Cannon and Morgan Woodward. Newman stars in the title role as Luke, a prisoner in a Florida prison camp who refuses to submit to the system.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Cool Hand Luke: A Novel
- Donn Pearce
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- Charles Scribner's Sons
- Date Published
- 0.00 lbs
- donn pearce; cool hand luke
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
About the Seller
About Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
The game is afoot!
I focus on modern first edition, first printings, but have been lately finding first editions, later printings of older novels in my inventory. I'm also highlighting a lot of signed books that I've found.
I will also gladly search for and offer well-priced books of all kinds. If there's something you'd love to have, either send me a message here or go to https://cases.sherlockjoes.com and Open a Case!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....