Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1803 1ed RARE Costumes of Russian Empire Illustrated Scandinavia Russia Finland
William Alexander's 'Costume of the Russian Empire' is one of the best illustrated portrayals of Russian culture from peasants to royalty. Alexander took information available to him on Russian history and collected into one book – each of the illustrations is accompanied by a short descriptive text in both English and French. The illustrations depict costumes from Lapland, Finland, Estonia, Tartary, Kamtshakta, and other Northern Russian areas.
Item number: #9694
The costume of the Russian Empire
London: Printed for W. Miller by Howlett & Brimmer, 1803. First edition.
· Collation: Complete with all pages
o 73 illustrations in color by Dudley
· References: Abbey Travel 244;
· Language: English / French
· Binding: Leather; tight & secure
· Size: ~14.5in X 10.25in (36.5cm x 26cm)
· An extremely rare and desirable work
Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide.
Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation!
Photos available upon request.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The costume of the Russian Empire
- ALEXANDER, William
- Leather; tight & secure
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- for W. Miller by Howlett & Brimmer
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1803 1ed RARE Costumes of Russian Empire Illustrated Scandinavia Russia Finlandrare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquarian
Terms of Sale
Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
About the Seller
About Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]