COTEJO DE LA CONDUCTA DE S.M. CON LA DE EL REY BRITANICO...HIS CATHOLICK MAJESTY'S CONDUCT COMPARED WITH THAT OF HIS BRITANNICK MAJESTY, AS WELL WITH REGARD, TO WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE CONVENTION OF THE 14TH OF JANUARY OF THIS YEAR 1739, AS TO WHAT HAS BEEN DONE SINCE; UNTILL THE PUBLICATION OF REPRISALS AND DECLARATION OF WAR. PRINTED BY AUTHORITY AT MADRID BY ANTONIO MARIN
- See description
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"In Spanish and English, and relates principally to affairs in America" [Sabin], with particular emphasis on Florida. The book charges that the King of England authorized Captains of the ships 'Pompey Galley' and 'Fortune' to cruise the Florida coast and collect loot from ship-wrecks. With a force of 600 men, the English overpowered Spaniards who were guarding their own collection of salvaged loot, and "did rob about 400,000 pesoes without any other pretense but that of their greediness."
The Madrid printing in Spanish issued earlier in 1739.The document sets forth Spanish grievances dating from the early 1700s relating to conflicts in the New World-- from Newfoundland to Florida and the West Indies. The conflicts came to a head in the War of Jenkins' Ear, commenced in October 1739.
Sabin 17026. Servies 334. Bartlett, John Carter Brown Library 618. ESTC N27944.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- David M. Lesser, Fine Antiquarian Books LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- COTEJO DE LA CONDUCTA DE S.M. CON LA DE EL REY BRITANICO...HIS CATHOLICK MAJESTY'S CONDUCT COMPARED WITH THAT OF HIS BRITANNICK MAJESTY, AS WELL WITH REGARD, TO WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE CONVENTION OF THE 14TH OF JANUARY OF THIS YEAR 1739, AS TO WHAT HAS BEEN DONE SINCE; UNTILL THE PUBLICATION OF REPRISALS AND DECLARATION OF WAR. PRINTED BY AUTHORITY AT MADRID BY ANTONIO MARIN
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Printed for T. Cooper...
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
David M. Lesser, Fine Antiquarian Books LLC
All items guaranteed as described, and subject to prior sale. Any item returnable for any reason within ten days after receipt, in same condition as sent, for refund of purchase price. My liability limited to purchase price paid. Wrappers described when present; 'dbd' means disbound. Non-U.S. shipments charged at cost. We observe all customs regulations.
About the Seller
About David M. Lesser, Fine Antiquarian Books LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]