Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, NY Grove Press: Evergreen, 1958. Paperback First Edition Thus (1958), unstated in accordance with Grove Press's customary practice at the time of publication. First published in hardcover in 1948. First Edition Thus (1958), unstated in accordance with Grove Press's customary practice at the time of publication. Very Good+ in Wraps: shows indications of careful use: light wear to the extremities; mild rubbing to the wrapper covers;a faint stress crease at the outside edge of the front panel; a former owner's personalized bookplate at the inside of the front cover; prices have been neatly blocked out at both the front and rear panels; the binding, which is sewn, remains square and secure; the text is clean. Free of creases to the backstrip. Free of creased or dog-eared pages in the text. Free of underlining, hi-lighting, notations, or marginalia. A handsome copy, structurally sound and tightly bound, showing mild wear and minor flaws. Not far from 'As New'. NOT a Remainder, Book-Club, or Ex-Library. 8vo. (8 x 5.5 x 0.65 inches). 255 pages. Language: English. Weight: 10 ounces. E-80. Trade Paperback. Sir Cecil Maurice Bowra (1898 1971) was an English classical scholar, literary critic and academic, known for his wit. He was Warden of Wadham College, Oxford, from 1938 to 1970, and served as Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford from 1951 to 1954.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Black Cat Hill Books (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- The Creative Experiment.
- C.M. Bowra
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition Thus (1958), unstated in accordance with Grove Pre
- Grove Press: Evergreen,
- Place of Publication
- New York, NY
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Prose & Criticism; Belles Lettres; Literary Criticism and Theory;
Terms of Sale
Black Cat Hill Books
Default shipping charges provided at the time of sale will hold unless the actual cost of shipping is significantly more - or less -t han the default shipping charge quoted. In such cases we will contact you with alternative charges; we will arrive at these charges by the following method: actual United States Postal Service (or UPS) shipping charges + $2.00 handling charge. We guarantee the accuracy of our descriptions and the quality of our packaging. Books we ship may be returned for any reason. If you are not satisfied, notify us via email, and return the book. If we are satisfied that we have provided an inaccurate description, we will refund your return shipping charges, at USPS Media Mail rates. All prices are net to all. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in expediting your order. Thanks from the folks on Black Cat Hill.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Ask Seller a Question
About Black Cat Hill Books
Black Cat Hill Books is an Internet-only bookseller.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover...[more]
- Marginalia, in brief, are notes written in the margins, or beside the text of a book by a previous owner. This is very...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...[more]