Crime and Punishment; a Russian realistic novel
by DOSTOEVSKY, Fyodor
- A fresh, bright copy with skillful restoration at ends of spine, internally clean and fresh
Ardsley, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Indeed it so scarce that WorldCat/OCLC locates only nine copies in institutions (U of Chicago, U of Illinois, Mississippi, Mohawk Valley, NY Public, U of New Mexico, U of Sci & Tec, Virginia, and VMI), and these include imperfect, defective, and rebound copies. Either of the first editions in English are scarce at best, and exponentially so in this condition. Line, Bibliography of Russian Literature in English Translation to 1945.
Crime and Punishment is a novel by Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky that was first published in the literary journal The Russian Messenger in twelve monthly installments in 1866. It was later published in a single volume. It is the second of Dostoevsky's full-length novels after he returned from his exile in Siberia, and the first great novel of his mature period. Crime and Punishment focuses on the mental anguish and moral dilemmas of Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov, an impoverished St.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Riverrun Books & Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Crime and Punishment; a Russian realistic novel
- DOSTOEVSKY, Fyodor
- Book condition
- Used - A fresh, bright copy with skillful restoration at ends of spine, internally clean and fresh
- Quantity available
- Thomas Y. Crowell
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Riverrun Books & Manuscripts
We properly wrap and pack all books and ship in cardboard boxes or mailers. All items are guaranteed as described and are returnable within 30 days. Please e-mail email@example.com or call (914) 478-1339 to initiate your return. In your e-mail, please include your name, item(s), and reason for return.
Overseas orders should specify shipping preference.
All postage is extra.
New clients are requested to send remittance with your orders. Libraries may apply for deferred billing.
All New York residents must add appropriate sales tax.
We accept PayPal, American Express, Master Card and Visa.
All items are subject to prior sale; prices are subject to change.
About the Seller
About Riverrun Books & Manuscripts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A book in which the pages have been bound into a covering replacing the original covering issued by the publisher.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]