A Critical Essay on the Ancient Inhabitants of the Northern Part of England and Scotland. Containing an Account of the Romans, of the Britains Betwixt the Walls, of the Caledonians or Picts and Particularly of the Scots. Vol III
by Innes, Thomas
- Good/No Jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Edinburgh: William Paterson, 1885 A fairly solid book, ex library with a few small library stamps, and card pocket on rear paste down. Volume III of the Historians of Scotland. A reprint of the original first published 1729, this one with a memoir by George Grub. . Many pages uncut, tipped in chart of Scotland's kings is intact but a little fragile.Hinges are strong, though a little splitting is starting in the gutter between the endpapers. Dark green cloth covered boards with gilt title and libray paste down. Some fraying to spine ends but otherwise a good solid book.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Westside Stories (CA)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- A Critical Essay on the Ancient Inhabitants of the Northern Part of England and Scotland. Containing an Account of the Romans, of the Britains Betwixt the Walls, of the Caledonians or Picts and Particularly of the Scots. Vol III
- Innes, Thomas
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- William Paterson
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Romans Picts Caledonians Scots Scotland Britain History
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Extra shipping required on heavier books.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2015
Ask Seller a Question
About Westside Stories
Used, hard to find, and out of print books. Large fiction and non-fiction sections, Over 25000 books in store.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- tipped in
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]